Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Can I get a Hallelujah!?

In the hustle and bustle of school, work, football games, Christmas shopping (wait, what?!?)... The beautiful month of October has finally arrived!  I LOVE this time of year!  I don't think I'm alone on this one, because this weather is amazing!  

So not only is October one of my favorite months, but yesterday, October 1st, was off to a Fantastic start.  My family and I received news that my Mom's Chemotherapy is working!!!  HALLELUJAH!!  And for those of you that know me and my obsession to imitate Madea Hallelujerr!!! (Please don't judge ;))
Mama had an MRI last week to test the progress of her treatments.  The results came back that the cancer has already shrunk by 30 % ! This is great news! Considering that she has been extremely sick while enduring her treatments, it was very encouraging to know that perhaps this will all be worth it!  Let me get one thing straight, I had no doubt in my mind that she would beat cancer.  TWICE.  As I've said before, she is absolutely the strongest woman I have ever known.  When I received the news, I was unbelievably overwhelmed with joy.  While the tears were streaming down my face, all I could say was "Thank you, Lord!"  Even when it is has been challenging to always keep the Faith, God has continued to have a lingering presence to give me peace about this situation.  I'm not so sure I have ever prayed so much in my life. I am SO very happy for her.  She has continued to stay positive and keep her spirits high.  But it doesn't stop here, Mama began her 3rd round of Chemo yesterday, with hopefully only 3 more to go.  Although the cancer is slowing shrinking, but if at all possible, we need it alllll gone.  She will still endure more sickness and all that goes with her treatments, but knowing that she has the prayer support from SO many people in our community is definitely a little bit more encouraging. Both of my sisters, Robin and Stacy, have requested via facebook that if you feel led to mail her a letter of encouragement and prayer to please do so. I would like to extend this invitation if anyone reading my blogs and kept up with her progress. She has literally received hundreds of mail! It has been such a blessing to watch her light up when she reads letters from those who are supporting her, whether she knows them or not!  In fact, much of her mail have been from people she has never even met.  I've noticed the incoming mail has slacked off because of the "natural cycle of cancer supporters."  Apparently it's a thing.  I hope I don't offend anyone but from what I understand it goes a little something like this.. Everyone is supportive at first, and everyone wants to rejoice when we get good news, but it's the people who are there in the middle of the hard times that help make it a little bit easier to fight.

In reading my bible, I would like to share a verse:

1 Peter 5:6, the bible says “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.”

The scripture tells us that in due time, God will lift us up.  In due time, HIS TIME.  His timing is perfect and he will come to you.  Remember to wait on the Lord.  Trust in Him to deliver on time, for it is His time to give.  Timing is everything, and although it is sometimes hard to be patient, trust that God is here.  All the time.
Can i get an Amen?!

I hope everyone has an AMAZING week!

Oh, and HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!?

MB

No comments:

Post a Comment