Friday, September 13, 2013

Counting the weeks

Third trimester... what can I say... It's been real folks, but isn't it time to have a baby already?!
Thus far, pregnancy has been fantastic! I feel great, not too very tired, but then... I look at my feet.  Yall, I promise you have never seen such swollen feet.  The funny part is, I have extremely skinny feet "in real life."  Like seriously, I have trouble buying shoes because my feet are so long and narrow.  Well. I am patiently waiting for the day that I can have my skinny feet back!!  I blame most of this on the miserable August heat, but I also realize this is completely normal for most pregnant women.  If I am having extreme difficulty even fitting in my shoes now,  I can't imagine what it will be like come October!  Because of my extreme discomfort,  my sweet, sweet husband massages my feet every night, which has helped tremendously.  So anyway, I really don't have too much to complain about!

My bi-weekly doctor visits have been going very well. This week I am 34 weeks.  Next week will be my last big appointment with a final Ultrasound, and then I'll begin my weekly visits.  At 32 weeks, I was measuring 34... so it looks like we have a big baby on our hands!  Or he will be early. My doctor has predicted he will be early from early on... and I am hoping her prediction is accurate!

We began our childbirth classes this week.  Topic of the my first class: Breastfeeding.  This topic is a little daunting to me, but I am certainly well-educated for when the time comes.  The nature of motherhood and how God can place the most perfect details into every little action is so amazing to me.  I mean seriously, He thinks of everything!!  The more I learn about the process, the more I am understanding just what a miracle pregnancy is.  And the fact that God chose me to bring a baby into this world is even more breath-taking.  I feel so blessed to be chosen.  I feel an intense desire to live a better life; for me, my child, my family, and for the Lord.  Pregnancy has rocked my world in so many ways, but I can't think of a single disadvantage of this experience.  I am forever thankful.

The nursery is coming right along... well kinda.  We have the necessities, if you will, but the organization is lacking a bit.  As my maternal nesting mood is slowing setting in, I am getting more and more eager to get everything in it's place.  Last weekend consisted of cleaning out closets and getting rid of unwanted items, and moving stuff to the attic.  THAT is a chore.

I am so in love with this little guy in my belly, I can hardly stand it.  I didn't expect such strong attachment (literal and physical) during this process.  It's so funny how I can already tell he has a spunky personality. That may sound silly, but I feel like I KNOW him already. And He's a joker, that little one. He thinks he's funny now, just wait until his parents get a hold of his sense of humor ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment