Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What a Year!

2013 has been quite possibly the best year of my life.  As I reflect on this past year, I am overcome with happiness.  It has been a whirlwind of emotions, both happy and sad; but I wouldn't change a single day.  As I reflect on the past year, I thought I would do a picture blog to give a more literal depiction of each incredible month we experienced in 2013.
My life in pictures :

January:
*My mom began making an incredible recovery from her recent brain injury.  She literally progressed every single day, and I am amazed at God's healing and grace in her life.

*I sold my first house! I began my Real Estate career working for Heritage Realty.  Being a Realtor, while also maintaining my job at Louisiana Tech University, has been a tremendous reward.  I have found a perfect balance between my two jobs and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love both of my work families!!











February:
* I celebrated 5 years of my employment at Louisiana Tech!
March:
*Jonathan graduated from Louisiana Tech!!!

*We found out we were pregnant!!! We didn't shout it from the mountain tops just until about May, but I loved that Jonathan and I (and close family) had our own little secret for a few weeks. 

April:
*Soccer season is in full force.  As the Technical Director for NELSA, Jonathan is super busy organizing, traveling, and coaching soccer!  I love traveling all over the state, while sharing Jonathan's passion along his side.
*We packed up my parents house in Arkansas, and they officially moved back to Ruston! They LOVED their home and relationships they made in Mountain Home, but it was time to migrate south again.  
May:
*We found out we were having a BOY!!  We were in the waiting room, just the two of us after we found out the great news.  We were so excited!!! So let the planning begin...
We celebrated by going to a Ranger's game and purchasing our son's first baseball attire.  One of our favorite things to do is go to the Ranger's stadium, we can't wait to start new memories with our little guy and love for sports.
June:
*We took a "babymoon" to the beach for our last vacation as a family of two!  Our vacation consisted of shopping, eating, tanning, and watching my nephew play baseball at the World Series.  
July:
* We began decorating our nursery and getting ready for the baby's arrival!
Kelly painted this canvas for Auri's nursery. It was a surprise between her and Jonathan, and I LOVE it!!  It's the perfect touch to the nursery, and even more special that Auri's AK (Aunt Kelly) made it.





*We took full advantage of having date nights and doing the fun things we have enjoyed for the past 10 years. I think we went to the movies every weekend!! Haha
Now we will just have one more to come to the party! Walsh party of 3 has a ring to it :)



August:
* Baby Shower time!! We were so very humbled with the opportunity to have baby showers in honor of Auri's arrival.
Our first shower was hosted by family.  Yall, between Jonathan and I, we have the greatest family on the planet.



Our second shower was hosted by my closest friends. We are definitely feeling the love!!!



September:
*Almost Baby Month! So much to do... Starting with football season!




October:
* Celebrated my 29th birthday! and of course we indulged at our favorite restaurant, RAW.
p.s. I love it when my husband wears a tie :)
* 10 year reunion in the cat box! RHS Class of 2003
(at this point...I am super pregnant, and so ready!)                               



*Louisiana Tech Homecoming!! with my favorite pregnant friend! We are both having boys, and can't wait for them to grow up to be best friends! 


*Robin and her family came up the weekend I was due... too bad Auri waited another week to join us!



* Our baby boy is finally here!! We dressed him in Halloween attire (being that he was born 2 days before)  Our little Punkin. My parents still call him "lil punkin", so the nickname sticks! 

* Overwhelmed with thankfulness and gratitude to God for allowing me to be Auri's mom.  He is perfect in our eyes, and a beautiful reminder of the miracle of life.  I love him more than words. 

November:
*Tara got married!!

*Auri's first Thanksgiving!!



December:
*Jonathan turned 30! I planned a surprise party for him and boy was he surprised!! It was a really great day! On this day, we also took Auri to church for the first time.  He was a perfect Angel in the nursery.  We are looking forward to going to church as a family and growing in His discipleship. 
*Christmas parties galore this year!! It is a bit more challenging with an infant to manage our time between Christmas parties, family time, naptime, feeding time, etc.  As proof of my of my time-management challenges, I have zero pictures from any of the Christmas parties we attended.  Oh well!

*Christmas Eve photo shoot with the family!




*Auri's 1st Christmas was a success! Although he was only 8 weeks old and couldn't really open presents, his parents sure did enjoy opening them in his place.  We hosted 2 Christmas's at our house this year.  It was exhausting but I absolutely loved having our families over to celebrate.

This is Grandma Walsh, on her 91st birthday! Holding her 3 great-grandchildren.  What a remarkable woman! 
*Linnie came to see us and brought the entire toy section from walmart with her!! haha but for real.  Auri is definitely spoiled already!! Auri had his own Christmas tree in his room and his very own ornaments.  A new tradition we have started with our family.


*Christmas Morning was Perfect!!  Auri slept for 8 hours through the night, so Merry Christmas to us, right??!!? We woke up semi-early, exchanged presents, drank coffee and made cinnamon rolls! I love that we are making new traditions with my own little family.  
*Auri is 2 months old! People say time flies but whoa. No kidding.  My little sweet cheeks is growing and healthy and super happy!


This year my personal "new year's resolution" is to be a better person.  The person I am today involves being a mother, a wife, a friend, a daughter, and most importantly a woman of God. I pray that each day I become more in love with my family and more faithful to my Heavenly Father. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 
May you and your family be extra blessed this year! 









No comments:

Post a Comment